Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Livewell Problems

scottybrucker
scottybrucker Member Posts: 8
Good afternoon, I am having issues with my live well on my 188.  It only pumps water in going forward at a high rate of speed.  When I stop there is no water intake.  I would love avoid taking it to the dealer, please help!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    It almost sounds like you are forcing water through the system while under way and the pump isn't contributing.  The water should still be pumping when you slow down or stop as long as you pump is running.  Can you tell if the pump is actually running?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Have you checked the inlet at the back of the boat to see if it is blocked by something?  On my boat it is under a white plastic cover as seen in this photo:his photo:

2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    @scottybrucker  When you're underway AND without the pump on, does it fill the livewell?  I've had this happen on my 188 when I first took mine out for trial before purchase.  The return line valve (in the bilge area) was closed.  And in fact, reached a point while driving it overflow.  

If this is not the case, then as @cjjjdeck mentioned, can you verify the pump is running.  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer