Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bimini support bracket

rockymax
rockymax Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

I have one bimini support pole bracket that is not tight to the rail and moves several inches when underway. How can I secure the support bracket? Thanks. 

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi rockymax

It would help if you post the year and model boat you have as the Sundeck & Sundeck Sport usually use different bimini top hardware than the Fundeck models do.

Can you post a picture of the problem area?  It would help the members in visualizing what you're encountering.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• rockymax
    My Hurricane is a 2013 SS231OB.
  • omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Mine does the same (slides back and forth). I used a hose clamp as a temporary method because I couldn't tighten the pole clamp enough. Kind of half a**, but it works for now. 
    2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • jhostasa
    jhostasa Member Posts: 1
    Something you can try. Loctite. Usually used for bolts/nuts but I think it will work for you. Blue is for bolts you want to remove, red kind of permanent but will loosen with heat.  Clean the rail & bracket well, put a few drops on & work around, tighten set screw & see what happens. Only need a small tube, $4.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you are talking about the bimini top hardware item called a jaw slide.  There are two designs, a clamping style and a set screw style.  Which one do you have?

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• hurrig8r
    hurrig8r Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I have the same problem with the top of my lateral support pole. I wish it fit tighter. I've tried to tighten the set screw, but I think the threads are stripped because it tightens.....and then goes loose again. In rougher seas, at higher speeds, it is loose enough that it rattles. When it first happened, I thought it was a banging sound from under the motor cowling. I was quite relieved to find it was just a loose screw and not my brand new motor I was breaking in.
  • rockymax
    I have the clamping style. The clamp slides about 2". I have tightened the bolt as tight as I can but apparently not tight enough.