Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2005 fd228 bilge float not working

Options
before removing the entire bilge pump and float assembly, i would like to obtain a wiring schematic for my boat to diagnose where the problem might be lurking. I have validated that power is traveling through the fuse at the battery. The pump works using the switch on the dash but wont work when the float is raised. I suspect the float may be the problem. Thanks in advance

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jeepfever.  Welcome to the forum.  @cjjjdeck can help you with the diagram.  However, your bilge pump problem, you've indicated that the constant power from the battery you have power from that line to the pump correct?  And, it works fine on the console switch.  There are only three connections to this pump (constant power, switched power, and ground)  Since you've validated all of these, it clearly points to the float on the switch. 

You can try to remedy this problem by checking to see if the float is stuck or debris in it.  

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the forum jeepfever!

I can get you the wiring diagrams for your boat.  I am sending you a Personal Message regarding it.  Look for a red number "1" next to the globe and envelope icons next to your Avatar in the upper left corner of the screen.  Click on the envelope, then click on my message to read it.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• jeepfever
    jeepfever Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks @Nquirk.    I only see two wires coming from the pump itself, so i figure there may be a junction somewhere between the pump and the connection to the battery and dash switch. My suspicions are the float, but i didnt want to poke through the wire insulation in the bilge area to do a test. I should be receiving the wiring diagram to assist with the issue. if it didnt require a contortionist to get between the ski pole, motor, and the access holes; i would just yank the thing and bench test.  :smiley:  but too many beers over the years prohibit me from doing foolish things in tight places - or maybe not!