Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fuel Water Seperator

nprcoolcop380
nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
I am looking to change my fuel water separator on my 2008 Hurricane SD 220 by myself but i am not sure where it is. Does anyone know, I am looking to do this myself for the first time. Also, any other easy maintenance I can do solo and save a few bucks? Please advise. Thanks in advance !!!

Comments

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Mine is located near the battery and accessed through the same opening us use to access the battery.  You may need a large strap or filter wrench to get it off.  Keep it level as you are pulling it out to prevent spilling fuel, and you may want to put a container under it to catch spilled fuel.  Pour out the contents into a clear jar and you can see how much water and debris it is pulling out of your fuel (note: the water will be on the bottom of the jar). 

Some guys recommend filling the new filter with fuel before installing it.  I just use the fuel bulb on my fuel line to fill the filter.  Otherwise, your engine may stall when you start it the first time.   
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • nprcoolcop380
    nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Thanks Ernest !