Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

How to tell if the boat is on the correct trailer

Options
raybroeder
raybroeder Member Posts: 1
I have a 2014 188ob with a Magic Tilt trailer (single axle). I frequently have trouble getting the boat on the trailer. I was wondering how far apart the trailer bunks should be. 

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Welcome to the Owners Forum!

The trailer bunks can be located pretty much anywhere between the inner and outer chines.  The wider apart the better for stability.

Here's a link to a webpage that might help you.  It describes how to set up a Venture boat trailer, should apply to pretty much to any manufacturer.

http://wordboats.com/how-to-fit-your-boat-to-a-new-trailer?rt=2&ri=14922611
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• 1pointofview
    1pointofview Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Options
    I use to have issues with the bow of the boat always being lower than the winch.  I then realized I was putting the trailer way to deep in the water.  But that was about it.  I have a 2013 with a magic tilt trailer.  

Also, when I bought the boat, the forward bunks were not set right.  I found the winch post was set way to high.  I had to lower the winch like a foot because the forward bunks would never touch the hull. once I lowed the winch down i was able to finally get everything right. 

2013 Hurricane SS188
    115 Yam
    Magic Tilt Trailer
    Hotty Toddy