Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Parts

Options
donaldjmoore
donaldjmoore Member Posts: 2
The dealership where we purchased our Hurricane is no longer a dealer. We need a fastener for the wind screen on our SS232, I've had a hard time identifying the part, the closest dealer is 1 1/2 hours away. Can you order parts online from any other source? it's hard to look it up when I'm not sure what it is called, a plastic screw with a spring?? There are three that holds the wind screen in place, one was loose and fell overboard, doesn't float

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the Owners Forum!

Often it helps to post a picture.  In this case I have a pretty good idea of what you're talking about.  I believe the part you are referring to is called a windshield fastener.  It might look like this:

T-H Marine Windshield Fastener

If this is the design, then you can get that from a number of on-line marine stores (iBoats, Overtons, Defender, West Marine etc,)

The one shown above is manufactured by TH Marine.  Here's a link to the iBoats website for the product:

http://www.iboats.com/T-H-Marine-Windshield-Fastener/dm/cart_id.761191686--session_id.733939271--view_id.40127
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• donaldjmoore
    donaldjmoore Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you, I've ordered the part from iboats, best price.
    Did you notice that the website listed several options but only three had "buy now". I wanted to get the bag of fasteners, male part only, but couldn't figure out how to order. I contacted T-H Marine, had to leave a message, hope they will reply. 

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Having the ability of buying just the male parts makes perfect sense.  

Keep us posted on what you find out!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer