Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Just pulled the trigger on new to us SD 217

Options
dave47165
dave47165 Member Posts: 3
Hello everybody just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the help you all unknowingly gave me in choosing Hurricane. 
after "stalking" this forum for a while, along with some of the other ones out there the Wife and I decided that we definitely wanted a deck boat as it would best fit our intended use. we almost went with a used "Big Box" one that was at the lower end of the budget and "looked" in good shape. Looked was the key word, as it ended up having a cracked block and we dodged a bullet. 
Our dealer is a hurricane dealer and had  a 2007 sd217 and although it was out of our budget range. the dealer felt bad about the other deal going south and we ended up coming to terms that we could live with. He even thru in a years worth of their in house warranty on the motor and waived their processing fees to get the paperwork done. 
Took it on a test run yesterday and put a list together of some minor things that need to be taken care of, he even saw a couple of things that he said he wanted to get right for us prior to delivery/
if this is the way Hurricane Dealers treat their customers my wife and I are now loyal customers for life. I would like to personally thank the folks at Arnold's Boats in Louisville, KY and especially Rob who answered all of my newbie questions with grace and professionalism. 

They say money can't buy you happiness. But I think it can buy you a boat big enough to sail right next to it!

Comments

• phins2rt
    phins2rt Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Congrats!!  Post pics if you get a chance.
    2012 FD 2306 OB - Honda 225hp
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the club! I've had it about a year, and I still haven't seen any single boat that would suit my needs better than the SD 217.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• dave47165
    dave47165 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks guy's.
    I think we made the right decision. As for pics, I'm waiting for the dealer to get it detailed before I post any. Plus, I got to get my super model wife into her bikini for the photo shoot. ....
    They say money can't buy you happiness. But I think it can buy you a boat big enough to sail right next to it!
  • caseynettles
    caseynettles Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Options
    we love our 217, so versatile.
  • bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats on purchase.  I have to agree with above comments re SD217.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had my 217 for 5 years.  Great boat.  I've not found anything I would trade mine for.  Congrats!
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the Owners Forum and congratulations on becoming a Hurricane skipper!

We love it when "lurkers" become participants!  By the way, GREAT story, thanks for sharing it with us!  I too have been fortunate to have a terrific dealer and it really makes the Hurricane experience a very positive one.  He even helps me out with answers I can share on the forum!

Just as phins2rt says, by all means, post some pics on the "Love your Hurricane?  Then show it off...." thread! 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer