Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Wondering what it's worth?

yzfmik
yzfmik Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
I have a 2012 188OB with the Yamaha 115 and I'm wondering what it might be worth?  It's in great condition and only has 35 hours on it.  It's on an aluminum Magic Tilt trailer, and been garage kept since I bought it. When I build it on the web site it shows an MSRP of like $35,000 and that doesn't include the trailer. It seems they've gone up a bit since I bought and I'm wondering how that affects resale of one like mine?  We love the boat but are thinking of something a little larger. Thanks!
2012 188 Sundeck Sport OB w/ Yamaha 115

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    NADA has a boat value wizard you might try.  Here's the link:

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity I checked my boat, and no 2000 SD217 is listed.  There is a Fun Deck 217 listed, however Hurricane has no FD model 217.  Likewise, in 2001, while there is a SD217 listed, there is no SD237 listed.  It is shown as a Fun Deck 237.

Makes me wonder a little about their database.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • cjjjdeck
    You pick up on an interesting issue with Hurricane boat model designations.  In the earlier years (early 2000's and older)  Godfrey used the "Fundeck" name on many and sometimes all their boats.  So an earlier Fundeck 237 (FD237) is equivalent to the newer SunDeck 237 (SD237).  I almost every instance, the number gives the clearer designation for the boat and is somewhat consistent.  I guess the marketing department was conflicted through the years.  Now "FunDeck" designates a pontoon style deck model.  At least the model designations have stabilized over the last 10 years or so.

• bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    cjjjdeck, as an aside, I have a 2000 brochure from when I owned a 1999 FD 248 GS, and Hurricane shows three series of boats.  The FunDeck (4 models) which is essentially a pontoon like boat on a fiberglass hull.  The FunDeck GS (4 models) which is an all fiberglass series (my 248 GS had about everything a Sundeck has except the windshield). And the Sundeck series (3 models).  The Sundeck models were 237, 217, and a funky 2100 I/O with a sunpad over the engine compartment and no wrap around windshield.

I also have a 2005 brochure and there were 5 SD models, 6 FunDeck GS models, and 6 FunDeck models.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • cjjjdeck
    Just to add to the confusion!

Thanks for sharing bshippjr!

• yzfmik
    I had already checked NADA and it says $18,755, but it doesn't take into account hours. Miles affect cars, so I would think hours (low in this case) would affect boat value. Looking at some on Craigslist, I'm thinking $20,000 wouldn't be out of the question?
  • yzfmik
    Also NADA asks for trailer year/length, no where to specify that it's an aluminum trailer. Also I have a few things on the boat (table, fresh water wash down, fish finder, GPS) that aren't listed on NADA either. Not that any of that is big money, but it should help some I'd assume. 
  • cjjjdeck
    I think NADA gets you into a ballpark area.  The additional benefits you state should definitely be factored in.  Although everyone always thinks their boat is worth more that it usually is, in my opinion, I think you are being pretty reasonable in your assessment.

• yzfmik
    I looked at some for sale on Craigslist and they were asking higher prices, but that's just asking.  I think the low hours and garage kept are big pluses for me.  
  • cjjjdeck
    Absolutely!