Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fuel Tank Sender

Options
2»

Comments

• M99
    M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    One additional test that can be done easily to figure out if you have a bad sender, gauge or wire in between, is to buy a resister wheel at any electronic store, pretty cheaply. Unplug the wire to the sender and attach the alligator clips from the resister wheel to them.  As you change resistance from around 30 ohms to 240 ohms, the gauge should respond in an approximately linear fashion.  If it does, then you proved the gauge and wires are fine and the sender is not producing the correct resistance.
  • rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Guys, Guys, Guys! When the fuel gauge is reading a little lo, just speed up some. Works every time:)
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • Suzook
    Suzook Member Posts: 42
    Options
    A little late on the follow up but here goes. So, being that my sender is just beyond my finger tip range (see above pic) I decided to go low tech. Towed the boat to the bottom of a hill, popped the access cover & put a level on the tank itself to verify level after it stabilized. Applied system power & registered a little lower than 3/4 full, towed to the gas station and put in 15 gallons. Repeated above operation with gauge now pinned full. Yeah not the most technically proficient testing method but I'll run with it and consider myself very lucky. Hope everyone has been well since my last post and wish ya'll the best for the up coming season.

2005 GS 202 '06 Yamaha 150

2005 Tennessee Tandem Trailer