Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Playpen cover availability

Options
pbolden
pbolden Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
Hello Everyone,

Spoke with a dealer who said that hurricane only goes back to 2008.  Question:  Will a playpen cover (bow and stern pieces) from a 2008 SD217 fit a 2004?

Thanks,
Paul Bolden
United States Coast Guard Aux, VFC, FSO-VE

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I doubt the upper deck changed on your model.  The bigger concern is where will the snaps be located, which can effect the fit (unless the dealer gets the cover without snaps installed and fits it himself).  My feeling is that there may not be a "standard pattern" for each boat nor from year to year.  

You may find that the price of a playpen cover from a Hurricane dealer will be equal to or more expensive than a local marine upholsterer (at least that has been my experience), so why chance it (IMHO).  I know when the time comes to replace my mooring covers I  will be headed to my local girl and go for the Sunbrella fabric and love the look and fit.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• pbolden
    Options
    Thanks cjjjdeck,

It looks like I am going to have to go in that direction.  Does anyone know if Hurricane (Godfrey) had the foresight to archive the older patterns and make them available for costumer use.  It would be the decent thing to do if they're not going to make the covers available any longer.  And if not, I wonder if a marine upholstery shop could use my old cover as a pattern.  I'd like to avoid a haul-out mid season.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately, Hurricane has only kept patterns from 2006 to date.

Fortunately, any marine upholsterer can make new covers with or without your old cover as a pattern.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    Mine only has one center snap. If I were having one made, I'd probably have at least two, maybe three snaps installed at reinforced points. Good advice about installing snaps to fit the boat. I kind of doubt two boats from the same year would have snaps located in exactly the same spots.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• pbolden
    Options
    Thanks again cjjjdeck...and HydroCanis, I know,"You are not a number...you are a free man." -Patrick McGoohan
  • pbolden
    Options
    Thanks again cjjjdeck...and HydroCanis, I know,"You are not a number...you are a free man." -Patrick McGoohan