Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New owner of old boat

Options
Shooter
Shooter Member Posts: 1
edited July 2015 in General Discussions
I just picked up a 1992 22' fun deck. I know absolutely nothing about it. Can't read anything on the tag on the helm. I have a owners manual but it appears to be a generic hurricane manual. where can I get specific info for this boat.? It has a 120 hp Force by Mercury . One question tho.. what is the compartment under the wooden hatch in the deck? It seems to be rotted out but the hull itself is solid I'm a 1st time owner of this type of boat. I'm grateful for any info..
Post edited by Shooter on

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the Owners Forum, Shooter!

Older boats can sometime be tough to get info on, but I have a 1992 Hurricane Catalog I can send you that should help you out on some things.  I am sending you a Personal Message regarding it.  Look for a red number "1" next to the globe and envelope icons next to your Avatar in the upper left corner of the screen.  Click on the envelope, then click on my message to read it.

Regarding the compartment under a hatch door on the deck, if it is a fairly lagre size hatch, I would think that it might be the storage area known as a ski locker as it should be able to fit most size skis in it.  In 1992, it was probably made from marine grade plywood or pressure treated plywood with the hatch being made out of a plastic or composite material.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• chopperguy
    chopperguy Member Posts: 3
    Options
    It's an anchor locker ski locker.  Mine was completely rotted out.  I removed the entire thing.  Top of the stringers had some rot too.  Better check your transom and battery compartment.  Mine was all rotted.  I spent a few thousand having the whole rear end of the boat rebuilt.  Transom was so bad you could wiggle the motor.