Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Sundeck 217

glarose18
glarose18 Member Posts: 3
hi all very interested in. The sd 217 can anyone give me top speed and crushing speed along with fuel ranges  with a yamaha 150

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Owners Forum, glarose18!

I'll get the ball rolling by contributing a performance test on a 2011 SD217 that should start to put you in the right direction since there were no major changes that would effect performance for 2011 to 2015.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• caseynettles
    caseynettles Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Although I have a yamaha 150 2-stroke, my performance is very similar on my 217.  Mid-range MPG not as good as the 4 stroke but WOT is about the same in usage and speed.
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    I have a Yamaha F150 four stroke on my 217 SD.  With the same prop as used in the performance bulletin, my numbers are very close to the same at around 42 mph with 2 persons on board and with 1/2 or less fuel in the tank.  With my typical load of 4 people I'm closer to 38 mph top speed.  I also sometimes run a 4 blade prop which will also lower the top speed.

Best cruising speed seems to be around 20-25 mph, which also agrees with the performance bulletin, but I have not checked these numbers with a fuel monitor.  
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    I agree with caseynettles, same sort of experience.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6