Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
Draining Stern well under rear seat on 2006 model 231 Fundeck
hodges06 Member Posts: 1 ✭
I just purchased a 2006 model 231 Fundeck. What is the purpose of the well under the rear seat? It seems to hold water. How do you drain or pump the water out?
Welcome to the Owners Forum!
Usually compartments like what you are describing have a drain hole in them to direct water into the bilge area. Is it possible that the drain hole is plugged?
2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 32012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer
The well was originally for a Porta-Potti. I threw mine away when we bought the boat and the drain tube does get clogged from time to time so I just jet it out with garden hose. Actually, I wish I could direct some of the deck run off into that well as it is a straight shot to the through-hull drain whereas the drains at the helm seat and by the transom step-through are routed such that they almost always need help draining.
2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 334 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 616 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 694 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories