Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Volvo Penta SX Outdrive Trim Not Working

Options
CaptainChris
CaptainChris Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
If anyone has any experience with this and has a suggestion, please let me know.  I have a 2001 Hurricane 2100SD. It has the Volvo Penta 5.0GL V-8 with an SX outdrive. The trim is not working at all. We put it in the water, fired it up, and discovered the problem. We had it on the water on the 4th of July weekend and had no issues then. I pushed the 50 amp breaker on the engine, which was the problem a couple of years ago, but it isn't the problem this time. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Comments

• CaptainChris
    CaptainChris Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Options
    It was a harness connection below the throttle behind the trim panel, which had been laying in water and corroding. Bad design by Hurricane. The dealer eliminated the connection and spliced the wires together and then zip tied them up so they wouldn't make contact with the water. Hurricane should have done that. Bad design.