Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2011 hurricane outboard deck boat

Options
sunnydays
sunnydays Member Posts: 4
We bought our boat new.  This summer we have had to replace 1 of our batteries 2x!  Bilge turns on during night to drain rain water but doesn't pump if tiny debris and drains battery! Soooo frustrated w boat dealer not helping. Need advice. I want them to put in a new pump that is not sensitive

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the Owners Forum, sunnydays!

I'm not sure what pump you currently have, but my boat came with a Johnson 1250 GPH Ultimate Combo pump.  The "Combo" means it comes with both the pump and automatic switch called UltimaSwitch.  This switch is not a "float" style switch which is very common.  It is a solid state switch with no moving parts to jamb, clog  or wear out.  This is my 4th season with my boat and it sits at a slip all season.  I've not yet experienced a clog with the pump and the switch has worked reliability.  However, it is good practice to try and keep your bilge as free from debris as possible.

Here's a link to the webpage if you're interested:

http://www.spx.com/en/johnson-pump-marine/pd-marine-bilge-cartridge-and-ultima-combo/

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• sunnydays
    Options
    My boat sits in the water all the time too.  The bilge goes on automatically when full of water BUT it will not pump unless I basically stand on my head and stick something under the silver plate to clear the smallest debris.  I cannot turn it off @ the dash board until it pumps the water out.  
  • sunnydays
    Options
    How can I find out what pump is in my boat?  The Marina stinks.  2011 Hurricane deck boat ss201OB.
  • bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Options
    sunnydays said:
    My boat sits in the water all the time too.   I cannot turn it off @ the dash board until it pumps the water out.  
    The bilge pump is wired directly to one of your batteries, which will override the switch at the helm.

2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    However you are gaining access to the pump to clear it, you should be able to get a digital camera or smart phone down there and take a picture of your unit.  This way the camera can see what your eyes can't.  If you're really lucky, the label on the pump might even be facing the right way!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer