Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Wanted: GS211 front live well lid.

Just like the post says. Where can I find a livewell lid for a 2002 GS211? This is the one located in the bow between the 2 large front seat cushions.  Mine has been stepped on too many times and has now broken the lid.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    If it were me, I would have a marine fabricator make a replacement one out of King StarBoard and you will never have to worry about it ever breaking again.  It's a marine treated High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) material that is practically indestructible and comes in different thicknesses.  If your handy with woodworking you can make one yourself using the broken one as a template.  Anyone that has done this is thrilled with the results.

Here's a link to King Plastics website if you're interested:

http://www.kingplastic.com/products/king-starboard/

Here's a link to one source for the product, I'm sure there are others:

http://search.defender.com/?expression=starboard&s=1

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• starship
    starship Member Posts: 5
    Looking to buy a replacement.

Went to a 'Hurricane Dealer' today and was told to get lost with an old boat like that.

I'll ask again, where can I buy ANY replacement parts for my boat, besides the dealer especially.
  • cjjjdeck
    I understand and sympathize with your dilemma when owing an older boat.

Although the dealer can't get you Hurricane original parts for your boat, I would like to think that they would at least make a recommendation or offer a suggestion on what "can" be done, in other words, offer a Plan B (like what I mentioned in my response to your post).  They should also know or be able to recommend people that can fabricate parts like what you're looking for.

Many systems and hardware items on your boat where manufactured by companies that may still produce those parts (if they were popular enough).  Sometimes the forum can help identify things like this.

The only source I know of for older boat parts is Great Lakes Skipper.  They seem to buy out boat manufacturers old parts inventories and sometime you can get lucky finding something there.  Just remember to use the names "Godfrey" and "Rinker" as many of their parts were used on Hurricane boats as well.

Here's the link to their website:
    http://greatlakesskipper.com/

The only other option is to contact Hurricane dealers to see if they just happen to be sitting on a part like that.

• starship
    The livewell lid looks the same on all GS211 and SS211's all the way up to the newest one that the dealer had sitting on their lot. An unwillingness to help a customer find a part for a 'boat over 7 years old'  AND the fact that the parts are not available outside of a boat dealer (IE online), makes the first time I've been disappointed in this boat. The Hurricane boat is awesome, but if I can't find a simple livewell lid for it, what happens when I need something else like a windshield, a deck hatch, swim ladder or whatever. Very disappointed in the lack of support in finding a simple part. Sure, I can make my own. I can also remember how difficult it is to find parts for the Hurricane brand next time around. 

Maybe all dealers are not the same, but the one I visited in Longwood Fla sure came off as helpless.
  • cjjjdeck
    I got the door dimensions for the current model SS211.  It's an 11" x 15" door.  Compare that to yours.  If it's the same size, you might take the shot of ordering one.  Bear in mind, neither Hurricane nor the dealer will confirm it is an exact replacement.  This is primarily due to lack of information in existence (Godfrey was bought by Nautic Global Group and some info stayed and some seems to not have).

Please let us know how you make out. 

• starship
    I was informed today that the dealer can get an SS211 lid for $175 ! What a deal! Might buy a couple at that price just to have some spares. :*
  • dpimarineinc
    dpimarineinc Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2015
    If you have an old hatch/lid, etc. with "Daytona Plastix" written on it, you are in luck. We are DPI Marine, Inc., and we acquired their business back in 2008. We currently use the same molds, which gives you a perfect fit when replacing your old door/hatch. Please let me know if we can help you out. Hopefully this helps some of you with your search! www.dpimarineinc.com