Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Water in Bilge

rockymax
rockymax Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
I have a 2013 SS231 that has water coming into the bilge as it sits in a wet slip. I have had the boat at a marine shop on three occasions and they have not solved the problem. They filled the two live wells with water and there were no leaks. They replaced the livewell pump but that did not solve the problem. They tightened the clamps on the wash down drain pipe but that did not solve the problem. They told me that they have tried everything they know to do but cannot determine the water leak source. The boat takes in water below the level for the automatic bilge switch to be activated until I step on the stern and then the bilge switch activates the pump. When I do not enter through the stern, I activate the bilge pump switch and it pumps probably 2-3 gallons of water from the bilge. This is an everyday occurrence. Any ideas as to the water source? Thanks for any suggestions.  

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have deck drains that sit below the water line (both my rear deck drains do this), they could be a source.  I had one that was leaking on my boat when I first launched it.  The problem is trying to reach the connection.  To reach it I had to attach a ratchet to a length of pipe, but having an I/O, I had a large engine hatch opening to work from.  Outboard boats have harder access to things below deck.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• rockymax
    rockymax Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    The marine mechanic said that he tightened the two loose clamps on the drain pipe. This drain is at the water line. 
  • PescaBene
    PescaBene Member Posts: 64 ✭✭

@rockymax, have you solved the problem?  I recently took delivery of the a 2016 231 ob and have the same issue. The difference is that my front livewell also does not work so I am thinking that there is a hole in the feed.   I closed the intake for that hose and seem to have solved the problem.  I need to let it sit for while to be certain.   I plan to have the dealer check it out at the 20 hour.  

• PescaBene
    PescaBene Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Problem solved - the cartridge on the pump was taking in air.  We simply had to remove the cartridge, wipe it clean and reinstall. All good now.