Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

I have a 2005 226 Fundeck with a trim guage issue.

The farina trim guage is stuck in the up position. The sensor has the correct resistance, the cam for the switch functions properly. I think it may be in the harness, any suggestions?

Answers

• ggibson2007
    ggibson2007 Member Posts: 8
    I had the same problem.  My mechanic traced it down to pinched, kinked, and crushed wiring, the first of several assembly quality control issues.  The wiring craftsmanship in my engine compartment is abysmal.  To make matters worse, the Farina dash instrument has no adjustments to change gain or set-points.  Mercruiser's solution is to adjust the sending unit's index.  I gotta believe there are a lot of boats out there with little to no trim indication.
  • powerhouse
    powerhouse Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    I have the same issue but found the cam broke.  I'm also having that issue with the tach, most say it likely the tach but I'd hate to replace it to only find out the signal wire damaged or broken.
    2002 FD196F/Yamaha 115