Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Trim issue

eramae
eramae Member Posts: 5
Recently I have not been able to trim up my 2005 Yamaha 225 outboard. Would appreciate help trouble shooting cause. Will not trim up and very slow training down. Thx !

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The first thing you need to do is check the hydraulic oil for the trim pump and make sure it is full.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• eramae
    eramae Member Posts: 5
    Thx cjjjdeck.  I did and found low oil level.  Also found that a seal is leaking.  I plan to replace seals.   In the meantime, do you think I am asking for additional damages if I fill the oil as temporary fix
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you found the low oil culprit!

I guess the answer would be how bad the seal leak is.  If it's pouring out, then I would tell you to get it replaced asap.  If it's just starting to seep out a bit, then you should be OK to nurse it along until you get it to the shop.  Just make sure you are keeping an eye on the seal and the oil level and have enough fluid with you, then you should be fine.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer