Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fresh Water Switch

mikek
mikek Member Posts: 3
On my 2015 188 SunDeck Sport there is a fresh water switch right up under the accessory switch on the right hand side of the steering wheel.   I can not figure out what this is for.  Anybody have any idea what it is for and how to use it?

thanks,

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    That switch activates a water pump that supplies water for a fresh water washdown system located in the stern of the boat.

It would look like this:

Your galley sink might also have the option of being pressurized by the same pump, otherwise the boat comes standard with a manual pump for the sink.

If you don't have either option and you don't hear a pump running when you activate the switch, you probably don't have the option even though the dash panel has the switch on it.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    If you do have it and don't hear the pump, it may have failed. If water freezes in it, bad news. Which reminds me... I need to get some antifreeze in mine, pronto (I had to replace mine most likely due to freezing before I owned the boat).
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6