Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

High Quality Cover

cvascel
cvascel Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

I came across a custom marine upholster in the Crystal River, FL area.  Their name is D & R Marine and the owners name is Roberta.  She works out of her home but does outstanding work.  I consulted with several companies that make custom boat covers to include places far from my home which would have required shipment of my original cover.  I spent several months researching different businesses.  I finally decided to bring my ’04 SunDeck 187 to D & R for an estimate on replacing my factory snap on two piece cover back in the beginning of September.  Roberta provided a very reasonable estimate compared to the others I had received and I decided to give her my business.  She was booked out for two months and the next available appointment she had was the middle of this month.  She called me the beginning of the week and told me to bring the boat on over.  I brought her the boat on Tuesday and she called me Friday to say it was done and ready for pickup.  One thing I like about her is that she schedules appointments and only works on one project at a time so if you are in a rush, she might not be able to accommodate you. 

The craftsmanship in the covers she made is far superior to the factory one.  She even added some snaps to the boat and cover in places the original one lacked.  She added additional reinforcements to the Sunbrella materiel she uses in places that the factory cover lacked, such as where the windshield stopper stick up and the loops for the bimini top hooks.  She even added a vent in the center of both the bow and stern cover.  She added a plastic housing under the vent which the support pole slides into (as opposed to the snap that came with the factory one).  This is much sturdier.  Her attention to detail is impressive and I am very happy with her work.  The seams and stitching is flawless and it fits like a glove with perfect cuts to accommodate the railing, bimini posts, and ski bar. 

She also did a couple of extra things that I hadn’t asked her or was aware she was going to do.  For example, she cleaned all of the vinyl seats and got the mold out in a few places where it was starting to grow.  She also noticed that the zipper on the bimini boot was dangling and about 12 inches of stitching had torn and come undone.  She sewed this up and fixed it like new.  She didn’t charge any extra to do this. 

I have nothing to gain by posting this review, but I figured if anybody is looking for a new or custom cover or seat upholstery, I don’t think you will be disappointed with D & R Marine.  Their contact info is as follows:

D & R Marine Custom Canvass

531 N Williams Ave

Crystal River, FL 34428

352-795-0257

I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Comments