Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Broken seat

Options
MacAttack
MacAttack Member Posts: 13
2003 GS211 Center Console, seat bottom broke. Specifically, the "hard black plastic pan" on bottom of seat cushion that both the aluminum swivel/slide mechanism and seat back hinge attaches to, that plastic molded pan broke off on corner, so the seat back now is only half attached.  Hope this description makes sense.  Going to contact Springfield today but does has anyone had this issue and if so any suggestions?  Used seats out there somewhere?  Thanks

Answers

• omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Options
    MacAttack said:
    2003 GS211 Center Console, seat bottom broke. Specifically, the "hard black plastic pan" on bottom of seat cushion that both the aluminum swivel/slide mechanism and seat back hinge attaches to, that plastic molded pan broke off on corner, so the seat back now is only half attached.  Hope this description makes sense.  Going to contact Springfield today but does has anyone had this issue and if so any suggestions?  Used seats out there somewhere?  Thanks

You would have an easier time finding a unicorn. 

The thing to do is to figure out who manufactored the seat and contact them directly. Maybe Veada.com? 

You'll most certainly have zero luck getting it from a Hurricane dealership. 
    2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • MacAttack
    MacAttack Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks! Springfield seats, referred me to Hurricane, and Hurricane referred me to the www.unicorn.com !!
  • omar174
    Options
    Check the fishing seat section at veada.com. 

You may have to buy 2 seats to get a matching pair. I highly doubt they sell your exact seat. 

They aren't horribly expensive. 

http://veada.com/fishing-boat-seats.html
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know the center console models usually have a ladder back style helm seat.  Springfield has a ladder back model, they are probably the supplier of the current models, that's probably why they suggested Springfield.  I don't believe Veada offers a ladder back style seat.  Do you see any manufacturers labels on your original seat?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• omar174
    Options
    I've see all kinds of helm seats on the 211. 

On the older models, you'll likely see a swing back style (that's what I have) or seats that look like wide fishing chairs. 

Maybe MacAttack can post a pic so suggestions can be made. 

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Learning something new (as usual!), thanks omar!  I didn't realize that the center console models had some inconsistencies regarding helm seats. 

You are absolutely correct, those seats on your boat and the page out of the 2003 catalog show Veada seats (same style I have on the front deck of my boat).  Looks like owners should probably post pictures of the seats they have so members have a better idea of what to recommend.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer