Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2010 SS211 Baitwells Pump and Valve Access

lane3144
lane3144 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I have a 2010 SS211 with the Flow-Rite System 4 baitwells in the bow and stern. How does one gain access to change the pump and/or value systems? I can see the stern valve on the starboard side through the engine port but cannot reach it. I have not been able to locate the pump for the stern baitwell but figure it must be close.  I cannot find the pump or valve for the bow baitwell and would like to know how to put my hands on it. I may need to change the valves for both of them as they are very hard to actuate to the fill, recirculate, and empty positions. I have tried lubricating the cable and that doesn't seem to help so I suspect the valves need to be changed.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is what Hurricane states regarding pump location:

"The live well pump is in the back of the boat by the bilge pump just off to starboard side. It can be accessed through the access plate."

I attached some Flow-Rite documentation that you might find helpful if you don't have it already.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• lane3144
    lane3144 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Thank you for sharing the information you have. It is still a mystery how to gain access to the valve and pump for the stern and bow livewells.  I am not able to find an access plate that is noted that would be large enough to perform repairs. 
    There are two 6 - 8" diameter holes on the transom area near the motor but these are too far away to perform work on the valve / pump. You can see the cable running to the valve.  Perhaps there is something behind the rear seat backs?  Has anyone ever opened this area up to change the bilge pump?
    I am thinking the bow livewell valve / pump perhaps can be accessed by removing the compartment on the floor that is opened via a hatch towards the front of the boat.  The compartment has many screws that secure it to the floor. Has anyone ever changed out the bow livewell valve / pump?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I got a confirmation regarding the location of the livewells.  The pumps and valves that operate the front & rear livewells are both located in the rear of the boat.  There are none in the front.  Unfortunately,  I don't have any better info regarding accessing them.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• StacyR
    StacyR Member Posts: 8
    U can change the cartridge pumps from the access ports by the engine . They just twist off, , be sure to move the tab that keeps the pump in place... long arms help .
  • mpbill
    mpbill Member Posts: 2
    I bought my SS211 new in 2012 and have had issues since it was 1 week old with the flow valves and pumps. The dealer was not helpful and put many band-aids instead of actual repairs. I Cut the back small access points together and added a larger deck lid to help me. The center console was not researched enough before mass production.