Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Correct prop?

hurrig8r
hurrig8r Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
Has anybody played around and found what they consider to be the "right" prop for their SD187 (or SS188 since it's the same hull) with the 115 Yamaha?  I'm currently running the standard aluminum prop that came with the motor, but am curious what a different prop would do- maybe plane quicker or add a couple miles to top speed.  I'm currently seeing about 36 mph at WOT with the top up and 6 or 7 people.  I'm good with top speed, but wouldn't mind planing a little quicker.

Thoughts?

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a good starting point.  

http://www.yamahapropselector.com/propSelector/web/

Should give you a better idea of where you may wish to go (increased, decreased pitch, etc) however be sure that what you select doesn't result at the top end of allowing higher than the WOT RPM range for the engine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • hurrig8r
    hurrig8r Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Thanks. Yes, I'm already spinning about 5600-5800 @ WOT. I'll check it out. Wouldn't mind jumping on plane quicker. Should've sprung for a bigger motor.