Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
Replacement of mechanical steering with a hydraulic system.
My current steering has frozen up and I want to change to a hydraulic system. The SeaStar brand is the one that I want to use. They make several kits to order for this change out. My fun deck is powered by a 130 hp 2002 Honda. I believe that the Fun Deck is 21' 8" in length. Question? Does anyone know the appropriate length of hydraulic hoses to use on this length boat. All of the kits that I can order have various hose lengths in them. Such as : 16 ft. , 18ft. , 20ft. , 22 ft. If anyone has ever done this conversion, how hard is it to do ? About how long will it take the average guy ( with helper ) to remove the old mechanical steering and replace with the appropriate SeaStar system. If it is too complicated, should I get boat mechanic at a boat shop to do it. I just don't want to get started on this project and run into a lot of unexpected problems that I can't solve or have the right tools to perform. Any help a would be appreciated before I order the new system
- 3.7K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 293 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 333 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 610 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 690 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 114 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories