Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Basic raw water washdown operation 2005 196ff

digidiot
digidiot Member Posts: 4
Hi all,

I sort of came into a 2005 196 ff that was pretty well maintained until the last couple of years when it sat on a river and collected leaves, etc.  I'm trying to figure out a couple of things about stuff I can't get to work.  One is the live well.  I honestly don't have any experience with this boat except for a a week or two down at the coast a long time ago.

Anyway, I'm trying to remember how to operate the livewell.  I think maybe there is a valve accessible through one of two deck plates just in front of the transom.  I can turn the motor to the livewell pump on, but it doesn't fill with water.  Is there a valve somewhere that might need switching to get it fill?

The deck plates are stuck.  They probably haven't been opened for several years.  I don't fill like adding another thing to the list (replacing a broken deck plate) if it's a dead end.

Completely unrelated, anyone know where the raw water washdown is on my boat?  It wouldn't be just some other configuration of pipe in the livewell, would it?

Any guidance would be appreciated.  The boat runs well and is cleaning up nice, but I need to figure out these two other issues (livewell and raw water washdown).

Thanks!
DI