Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2016 SS231 New Owner

Okay, I am a completely new owner of a boat.  Never had a boat before but I go fishing with my friends about once a year.  Unfortunately, he handles everything on the boat.  I just got a house on a canal and got a great deal on a new used 2016 231 w/200 Yamaha for $35,500.   I know nothing about boating so I am reading and figuring everything out.  I am having a boat lift installed in the spring and will put the boat in the water then.  Thus, tell me what I need to know. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RichardD
    RichardD Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    First of all, where are you? I'm in southwest Florida on a canal with a 226. Simply put, go flat fishing throwing out the anchor using live shrimp or small lures. Other than that, your boat is a great cruiser. Use it for parties going for lunch or beaching it to go swimming.
  • OneMoreThing
    OneMoreThing Member Posts: 11
    Bethany Delaware.  I'll be in the bay mostly, crabbing, fishing, pulling the kids, etc.  I am really looking for the, here are things I didn't know when I started.  or here is what you really want on your boat (instead of just the standard items).  I have driven a boat a bunch and will be taking classes just for fun (not required up here at my age).
  • PescaBene
    PescaBene Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Sounds like you got a great deal. Use it for a while. You'll figure out what you want. I have the same boat. Mine is setup for trolling but it's an excellent all around fun boat.  Enjoy.