Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
Hurricane GS 170 - Taking on water
amgmsu Member Posts: 3 ✭
My boat a Hirricane GS 170 is docked and taking on water. I need to bigle out 3 to 4 gallons every 12 hours or so. I know the plug it not leaking and have tighted all mounting bolts for the outboard Mercury 90 HP. I have pulled boat and inspected hull and do not see any damage. Anyone have any suggestions of what else I could check where water may be entering boat?
Does your GS170 have a live well? If so, it could be a leak in your live well hose. This happened to my GS201 a couple years ago. There's a shutoff valve in the bilge area to stop water from entering the live well. Just shut off the valve and see if the boat's still taking on water. It's a pretty common problem and you'll find lots posts on this forum about leaking live well hoses.
Here's a recent thread about live wells and the valve:
1999 Fundeck GS-201, Teal, Honda 200HP
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 333 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 615 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 693 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories