Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Jack Plate Installation on SD 217

Ernest_T
Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
Has anyone installed a jack plate on their Hurricane?  I'm looking at installing a 4 or 6 inch offset hydraulic plate.  Will the transom support this?  I have a Yamaha F150 on my boat.  The plate itself is 42 lbs., but I'm concerned about the torque on the transom.  The seller of the plate says the 4 and 6 inch plates are pretty much safe for any boat, but recommended that I check with the manufacturer.

Thanks!
2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner

Comments

• thurricane
    thurricane Administrator Posts: 485 admin
    I am aware that jack plates have been added as aftermarket items.  However, this is something that would not be covered under the warranty of the boat.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Ernest

As mentioned, others have done it.

The extra weight of 42lbs would be fairly close to the extra weight of strapping a 200HP on the back of it (which it can handle).  You're also only at 75% of the rated horsepower so I don't suspect the torque generated by the F150 will a concern.

But, as Teri mentioned, your hull warranty would be void if you had any transom issues and it was a non-manufacturer endorsed/installed configuration. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies.  I'm going to hold off on the plate for now until I can find somebody that has done it.  I doubt that a 4 or 6 inch offset plate would cause any problem, but I know as soon as I bolt it on anything that happens to the transom will my fault.

2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • fmc1942
    fmc1942 Member Posts: 7

Would a jack plate on my fd 226 cc with 150 yamaha be of any bennefit.. I put a jk plate on my bass boat 17' 6" with a merc 125hp but it did not help a bit....

thanks