Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Depth Sensor

Options
debbie75
debbie75 Member Posts: 2
I want to install on my hurricane SD176 a depth instrument. Anybody knows, where to install the sensor inside the boot? There must not be any air between sensor and the water. I think in back under the motor. Any other ideas?

Comments

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Select a spot near the stern so that the sensor stays in contact with the water when on plane. Sand the interior surface clean and pour Marine-Tex epoxy to make a flat surface big enough to hold the sensor so that it points straight down. Use a heat gun to get any air bubbles out of the epoxy before it sets. Then epoxy glue the sensor to the prepared mounting pad. Make sure there is nothing but solid fiberglass between sensor and water.
  • debbie75
    debbie75 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for your response. I was thinking the same, but is the fibreglass under the engine the skin of the boat. I do not want to drill a whole to be sure, ha,ha.