Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
Boat not tracking good
chase Member Posts: 2 ✭
Hi, I'm a new owner of a sundeck 2020 with a 150 Yamaha engine. I noticed at idle speed, 1000-1500 rpm that the boat does not track well and you constantly have to correct the steering. Is this common for the boat ? On plane it does ok and steers the way it should. Thanks in advance.
Common issue with outboards and i/o. Search here and on other sides for low speed wander.
It's said that trim tabs help.
Nauticus Smart tabs will correct most of this plus give you a better hole shot and allow you to plane at lower speeds. Various suppliers have them, use google to find the best price. You can also talk with Nauticus to help in selecting the right model for your boat.
I have a 2016 201ss and ended up putting a hydrofoil on mine (advise from others) as it was a lot cheaper than trim tabs and all it did was give me a better hole shot. I still have the wander issue, so now we’re thinking about getting rid of the boat because of it. Drives me crazy.
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 333 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 615 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 693 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories