Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

LED lights

markbesser
markbesser Member Posts: 5
I have a 2014 Hurricane FD226F OB. I am looking to replace the front lights, one doesn't work and neither was very bright to begin with. I am looking to replace with LED spot/flood lights. Has anyone here done that? if so does anyone have any recommendations? There are a ton online but I'm looking for quality over price.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, Mark

Comments

• Jeronimo21
    Jeronimo21 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Would like to upgrade docking light on my GS202 as well
    1999 Hurricane Fundeck 226  (Sold)
    2008 Hurricane Fundeck GS202 (Sold)
    2023 Sundeck 2400 OB  (Current)
  • Jeronimo21
    Did you ever find your lights Mark? I found some on ITC Marine that work for my boat:  http://www.itc-marine.com/product/flush-mount-led-docking-light/
  • markbesser
    Hi Jeronimo, no I have not found any, at least not any that I'm sure of. I see many that sound good but my experience is such that just because they look good and the descriptions sound good, in reality they aren't as good as they sound which is why I like referrals from people that have actually used them. I will check you're link and maybe give them a try. I see its been a while since your post, how do you like your lights? Thanks for your response.
  • Jeronimo21
    Hey Mark, I haven't bought them yet as my Halogens are still burning, but I have read of others with them and they are happy.
  • markbesser
    Hey Jeronimo21, I know its been a long time but I finally replaced my old factory halogen dock lights. I will have to look up the info but I had the boat shop replace them with a much better light. It's not search light bright but way much better. They cost me about $130.
  • RobertHan
    RobertHan Member Posts: 28
    I installed this Jabsco as a replacement spotlight for my original Jabsco 155 SL Marine Searchlight, which was basically destroyed from taking 5-7 foot waves repeatedly, it snapped off of its mount like a toothpick. In similar weather conditions with sizeable waves, this spotlight appeared much less top-heavy and seemed to hold up just fine for me without any issues.
  • Phill8
    Phill8 Member Posts: 1
    The LED lamp will not give such a beam as a proper halogen headlight. The easiest solution is to put it from a second-hand boat or look for an imported one. I have a Chinese LED on my boat, for the approach to the shore and for decoration - smart strip lights. It perfectly lights up the water and the shore, but not as far as you need it at full throttle. And about the full stroke, planning at night is officially prohibited. Only displacement is allowed, and only where it is allowed.
    All associated risks are the responsibility of the captain of the boat, and it is desirable not to forget about them.