Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2005 Fundeck 226F Front Seat Cushions

My front seat cushions are really in bad shape. I've been on line looking at Wise and a few others. I remove completely one side of the cushions. Most of the local shops are really expensive as they do high end boats and charge a fortune. Has anyone tried using the stock Hurricane base and then bought an off the shelf cushion set and attached it to the Hurricane base? I ask this because my model has a lip just below the fence and other bases cannot be configured properly because of it................So I am really wanting to use my existing base and buy new cushions....................Anyone tried this by any chance?

Comments

• jbrown
    jbrown Member Posts: 1
    I’m running into the same problem, any insight on what you ended up trying? I got a Quote for 4500.00 to replace mine. I could by two whole sets for any other boat brand new. im so frustrated.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    One of the things the boat manufacturers actually make besides the lower and upper hull is the seat cushions for the boats they manufacture.  This is the case for Hurricane.  They do buy "seats" from suppliers (fishing seats, Captain/Co-Captain chairs), but bow and lounge type cushions are made in-house.  This makes it hard to just go "buy" replacements from anywhere but Hurricane directly.  Your only other alternative is to find a reasonably priced marine upholsterer in your area (which a/your boat dealer can recommend) or take on the job yourself if you feel it is within you capability. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer