Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2012 SS201 IO

Options
jegraham
jegraham Member Posts: 15
We are taking delivery this weekend on our new SS201. I have one question that I cant seem to find any information on. What is the purpose of the sink? It does not connect to anything? Do I need to buy a tank that you can pump water out of?

Comments

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jegraham wrote:

We are taking delivery this weekend on our new SS201. I have one question that I cant seem to find any information on. What is the purpose of the sink? It does not connect to anything? Do I need to buy a tank that you can pump water out of?

There should be a fresh water holding tank......on my boat the cap for the port to fill it is located on the starboard side at the stern of the boat.  Seems like it holds around 15 gal.  To operate the water supply you have to remember to turn on the water pump with a switch at the helm.  Remember to turn it off when you are finished with the water, or you could eventually burn up the pump motor.

Water that goes into the sink empties through a scupper on the side of the boat into the lake, ocean, etc..

Remember to winterize the system if you are in a climate where it can freeze.  I drain the fresh water tank and run some RV antifreeze through the system before storing the boat.  A guy I know has replaced 2 water pumps on his boat, because he always forgets about the water system in the winter and the pump freezes and breaks.

And Congrats on the new boat!!!
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • AltonBay153
    AltonBay153 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    My 232 Fundeck has a freshwater tank on board.  But I connect it to a water jug and draw off of that right under the sink.
  • kenrintx
    kenrintx Member Posts: 2
    Options
    My SS201 has the tank under the sink as well as the previous member.