Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Engine cutting out and beeping?

Hurricone
Hurricone Member Posts: 6
Hi everyone, I took my 2017 SD 187 I/O with Mercruiser Alpha drive out on the lake today and as soon as it got on plane, the engine cut out and started beeping. The first time, the engine stopped. I thought I just pulled too much on the kill switch. But I restarted, and it did it again, this time de-revving down to idle speed. It did it a third time and I decided to head back to the dock at low throttle. I noticed that the oil pressure gauge read “0” so I got very concerned. Back at the dock (marina), I snapped at the dockhand saying that they didn’t add oil while de-winterizing. Well, I checked the oil right after that expecting it to be empty. It was clean and full. So, here I am with a Hurricane that has been riddled with little issues like this. I think I got a lemon boat. That said, any ideas what my issue is?

Comments