Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2013 SS201 I/O alarm sounding when engine gets much over 300RPM

Options
rholder
rholder Member Posts: 5
I have a 2013 SS201 I/O with a 4.3L MPI Mercruiser Alpha One Outdrive.  Whenever I open the throttle all the way, I get an alarm and the throttle starts pulsing up and down.  As long as I keep the RPMs down around 3000 or less with just my wife and I on board, I don't get the alarm. If I have 4 or five people on board, then it doesn't matter and the alarm sounds as soon as I get the boat up on plane.  Any help or advice?

Comments

• rholder
    rholder Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Checked in with PangBorn Marine in Midland, MI.  I had them look at the boat and they pulled "low oil Pressure" and "low water pressure" messages off of the OBD.  They put Mercury's highest quality synthetic and a racing filter that allowed us to add an extra half quart of oil.  They also put in a new water pump.  The boat runs like a champ now. 46mph on the GPS at WOT.  Just disappointed that I had to winterize and wait for next summer to get the boat out on the lake more.  Planning on putting a lower pitch propeller on next summer so that I can get a little better hole shot.