Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2006 Sundeck

Options
mia389
mia389 Member Posts: 3
I have purchased a used hurricane deck boat SD237. 
Great boat so far. Love the 350Mag, Barvo3 setup. This is my first boat. I am kind of a maintenance junky and don't like things that are broken. I am in need of some parts. Where does a guy find parts for these boats? I need the screw cap cover that goes around the windshield, a new bathroom door handle/mechanism and a new faucet and hose for the bathroom sink.

I also have a question on the Livewell. This boat has a livewell. Has a switch for it, but I dont see the pump that pumps the water into the livewell. Also don't hear the pump when pump is on.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apologies for this being a bit lengthy response!
    Still love my SD237!  You have a really nice setup, especially with the Bravo 3, it really makes the overall performance of the boat handle well.

Boat manufacturers don't actually manufacture very much except the hull, upper deck, most upholstery and some unique trim parts.  Most of the rest of the boat is made up of vendor supplied parts, many of them used by other boat manufacturers and often available off the shelf of marine suppliers. The challenge is trying to identify the parts in question.  That's where the forum comes in handy to help discover who made the part and where to get it.

Hurricane works strictly through their dealer network regarding parts.  As with any dealer based business, there are good eggs and bad eggs.  I happen to have an exceptional dealer that I bought my boat from and have been more than satisfied with the service and parts requests.  If you don't have a Hurricane dealer that you bought the boat from, then it probably is worth your while to shop the dealers in your area and see who the winners are.  Use the Dealer Finder search field in the upper right of this webpage.  

I believe Hurricane will keep a running parts inventory for the last 10 years of manufacture.  However, many models have had a number of years of run (our SD237's has been around since 1999).  Sometimes the same parts were used on other models and newer years.  Pictures  help a lot in helping to identify parts.  It helps to identify the parts that come from marine suppliers to the industry by looking through their catalogs.
    For example. on my year SD237, my faucet hardware is made by Scandvik (www.scandvik.com), I circled my model, maybe yours is similar, see below:

Faucet Only

Faucet with hose:

You might have this design:

Regarding your windshield, it was probably made by Taylor Made (www.taylormadeproducts.com).  My year boat does.  You may want to contact them for hardware items.

Regarding your baitwell, the pump is located by the transom.  Look at the exterior of your transom, the inlet should be located as shown below and look something like this (BTW, not my boat pic):

This inlet pipe will be connected to a pump, usually right on the other side of the interior of the transom.  Sorry I don't have a picture of what it looks like on my boat, but mine looks like this, it is an SPX/Johnson brand:

For the record, I have never been able to get my baitwell to cycle water since it was new.  Neither I or my dealer have ever been able to figure it out......

Regarding the head door.  Here's a pic of what my head door handle looks like:

This head door handle hardware has been used a number of years.  I have not been successful in figuring out who manufactured it (I'm still looking).  It may still be available through Hurricane.

Major marine suppliers are available on-line that represents a good number of the manufacturers that made things for your boat.
    Here's a list I have used, there are many others:
    Great Lakes Skipper - they buy boat manufacturers obsolete inventory  (look under Hurricane & Godfrey) www.greatlakesskipper.com
    West Marine - General supplier - www.westmarine.com
    Defender - General supplier - www.defender.com
    iBoats - General supplier, excellent boating forum as well - www.iboats.com
    Hope some of this helps.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cjjjdeck
    Options
    UPDATE HEAD DOOR HARDWARE!

I think I finally found it!  Looks like the head door handle might be manufactured by Sarasota Quality Marine Products.  Here's the weblink to the page I found:
    https://sarasotaqp.com/product/lc-1029-s-s-handle-lock/
    Here's the webpage I found:

• mia389
    mia389 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I just revisited this post today. I'm a bit late. I thought the forum might not very active. Somehow I didn't get notified anyone responded. Thank you soooo much cjjjdeck!! Thanks for the time on locating these for me. You even got me PNs. Thanks again.
    I have got my boat in a marina on a lift and we use it every weekend. Its been a lot of fun. I have learned to work on it. I'm getting all the bugs out haha. 
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Glad it can help!  Good luck in the repairs!