Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
Fire Extinguishers and Locations
I'm looking for recommendations for fire extinguishers and locations on a 2014 SD 2690.
Typically this would be placed inside the refreshment center
Regarding the fire extinguisher itself, here's the Coast Guard requirement:The Coast Guard requires boats to have at least one B-1 marine fire extinguisher on board.
Vessel Length No Fixed System With approved Fixed Systems Less than 26' 1 B-1 0 26' to less than 40' 2 B-1 or 1 B-II 1 B-1 40' to 65' 3 B-1 or 1 B-II and 1 B-1 2 B-1 or 1 B-II
They can be purchased at any of the local or online marine suppliers (West Marine, iBoats, Defender, Overton's etc.) . Kidde is a well known, long time usually reliable brand.2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 32012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer
Thanks. I ended up mounting one behind the helm seat, on the side of the wall around the corner from the door under the grill. The other I mounted in the head, in the space between door and the sink vanity.
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 333 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 615 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 693 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories