Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bulb for Bimini Stern Light

I'm trying to find out the correct bulb for my 2016 Hurricane 188OB stern light.  I replaced it last year with an LED which does not work (often enough).  I'm afraid I screwed the connectors in the base of the light.  I can correct if I know the size/number.  My dealership has been absolutely no help.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    See if you can find out what manufacturer made your stern light.  Often they put that info on the base of the fixture.  A picture of the light will also up others identify it.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• trwynn
    trwynn Member Posts: 4
    Good idea!  Here's a pic.  Also, I've been told it's an Attwood light.  
  • cjjjdeck
    Based on your picture (thank you), your fixture takes a #194 bulb, a very common automotive bulb.  It just pushes into the socket.

• trwynn
    trwynn Member Posts: 4
    Thank you so much!  After zooming in, looks like I’ll need to fix the socket. Again, thanks!
  • cjjjdeck
    Happy to help!  Looking at the picture, the socket may be OK.  If you look closely at the bulb picture, the contacts on the bulb are peened over with one contact on each side (opposite each other).  It may match up fine.

• TomG
    TomG Member Posts: 11
    I have a bulb that came from an Atwood stern light that I replaced with an LED model. I'll b happy to mail it to you if you give me an address. tomg101250@gmail.com