Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Steering

Detes
Detes Member Posts: 2
Just purchased a 2000 fundeck with a 200 Merc. The steering is real tight and need both arms to turn it in either direction when tubing. If you let go of the wheel the boat spins really fast to the right. Any ideas? The boat is in perfect condition other than this dangerous problem.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    You boat is probably equipped with a SeaStar Hydraulic Steering System.

First thing I would do is check the fluid level in the system.  The fill is located at your helm station.  It is a screw knob located near or on top of the console.
    It the system was low on fluid and it still performs poorly or if its already full, purging the system might help. 

Attached is the Owners Manual of the SeaStar system.  It explains how the system works and has the procedure for filling and/or purging the system.

If purging doesn't remedy the condition, you may have a problem with the hydraulic components. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Detes
    Detes Member Posts: 2
    Thank you, I now have a place to start.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if you could post what you finally found that fixed the condition so the members can benefit from your experience.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer