Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

How do you get to the bilge hose to replace it on a 2005 217SD?

storytime Member Posts: 1
I need to replace the bilge hose. The problem is getting to where it goes to the outside of the boat.


  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The easiest way is to cut a hole as near to where the hose connection is to the hull fitting and in as unobtrusive location as makes sense.  Then install a deck plate in the hole you cut, this will also give you permanent access to that area in the future. 

    Deck plates come in a variety of sizes and styles/designs, the couple of plates shown below is off of the Overton's website and represents a small selection of what they offer.  Other marine suppliers offer these products as well.  This is just a sample to get you on your way. 

    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer