Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
How do you get to the bilge hose to replace it on a 2005 217SD?
storytime Member Posts: 1 ✭
I need to replace the bilge hose. The problem is getting to where it goes to the outside of the boat.
The easiest way is to cut a hole as near to where the hose connection is to the hull fitting and in as unobtrusive location as makes sense. Then install a deck plate in the hole you cut, this will also give you permanent access to that area in the future.
Deck plates come in a variety of sizes and styles/designs, the couple of plates shown below is off of the Overton's website and represents a small selection of what they offer. Other marine suppliers offer these products as well. This is just a sample to get you on your way.
2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 32012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 333 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 615 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 693 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories