Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Any creative trolling motor mounts on 231, or similar, out there?

Options
Bucksandnoles
Bucksandnoles Member Posts: 4
I've seen the pics on here with nicely fabricated brackets on the bow, but I'd like to avoid that if possible up front.  Looking for innovative ways to get a trolling motor to the bow or stern.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll jump in to get this thread started as it is a great subject.
    Not necessarily innovative, But I'll share what I did with my MinnKota Terrova 80 bow mount

With bracket cover installed

This is the bracket I used, a MKA-32.  At the time, I was very satisfied with it and after almost 9 years, has held up very well.

This is the bracket I probably would now use as I didn't see it available at the time I purchased the MKA-32.  The MKA-32 is make of black anodized aluminum.  The RTA-19 shown below is made of polymer material (probably King Starboard).  I also like the white color which makes it less noticeable and the bracket mounted on the hull has a smaller footprint than the MKA-32 plus a cover when not in use is unnecessary.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Bucksandnoles
    Bucksandnoles Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Great, thank you!  I don’t mind a relatively small bracket being mounted on the bow, but would like to have as small a footprint as possible.  Thanks for sharing!