Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2020 2486 Cup Holders

Options
kvippolito
kvippolito Member Posts: 3
I'm sure this may seem like a silly question but I have to ask. We are new boaters just purchased a 2486 and have about 9 hours on it. We love it. But one minor issue. We have a lot of cup holders for everyone except the driver. Well actually to make it worse, I have two cup holders on the driver side next to the chair but they are completely inaccessible. I would feel better if they were missing altogether. But to have two cup holders, nicely trimmed out, with no way to access them since the chair cannot be moved out of the way just seems taunting. In the sun a nice cold bottle of water is great to have nearby. I have to keep mine on the passenger side and have my son constantly hand to me. What the heck is the deal with this design Hurricane? Do I have the wrong kind of chair or something?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We appreciate you taking the time in sharing your experience.  Your comments have been forwarded to the engineering/design teams. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• kvippolito
    Options
    Thanks for forwarding along. Any feedback from the design team in the last 10 day?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comments/feedback on this forum are forwarded to Customer Service personnel, who currently work from home, and they forward the information to the appropriate departments.  As I understand it, there are bare minimum personnel physically at the headquarters/factory.  Feedback is not always responded to and this situation makes it less likely.  However, I already know that Hurricane greatly appreciates anything I forward to them to help them make the product better.  That's why I do it.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• kvippolito
    Options
    Okay so basically no one from Hurricane reviews this forum. I misunderstood. I thought Hurricane was actually looking at this. It's quite a simple question.
  • BigZ
    BigZ Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I have same boat and also surprised at this design shortcoming.  Captains seat also hardly rotates due to it hitting the side, which further frustrates the issue of getting to the cup holder.  I hate putting accessories on this boat, like chincy cup holders, to solve the need.  It such a beautiful boat.  I ended up buying an expensive 2 cup stainless cupholder with quality suction cups and put it on the head compartment door.  It looks good and I can take it off if I want to.  cheap cup holders, especially the colapsable ones would ruin the clean look.