Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Recommended trailer for 2000 Fun Deck 228RE

Options
raiden
raiden Member Posts: 1
Hello, we are inheriting the family boat but it doesn’t have a trailer.  Can folks recommend what we should get? Trying to not spend $5K to 7K on a new one but don’t know what to look for used. Thank you! 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Attached is a spec sheet for your boat that gives the dimensions that trailer dealers require to properly set up the trailer for the boat.

Also, I posted a response to a similar question a number of years back that you may find helpful, it was a bit lengthy so instead of repeating it , here's the link:

https://hurricaneboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/698#Comment_698
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• flynbrian
    flynbrian Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey cjjjdeck, you wouldn't happen to have the spec sheet for a 2003 Fun Deck GS201 would you? I recently bought the boat with a tandem trailer from Naples Boat Mart in FL and it has a Road King trailer set up for it but the trailer handles really awkward and I am wondering if it is too small or previous owner did made changes. Thanks
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    flynbrian said:
    Hey cjjjdeck, you wouldn't happen to have the spec sheet for a 2003 Fun Deck GS201 would you? I recently bought the boat with a tandem trailer from Naples Boat Mart in FL and it has a Road King trailer set up for it but the trailer handles really awkward and I am wondering if it is too small or previous owner did made changes. Thanks
    I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.

• MadMadHoosier
    MadMadHoosier Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi cjjjdeck:
      We are still waiting, but hope to take delivery of our new 2486 later this month.  I have a boat lift that was set up for our old 231 center console, and would like to tweak it to fit the 2486 perfectly.  I'm assuming the trailer information might have everything I need to make such adjustments.  Any chance you could send it to me?
      Also, our boat was originally quoted the 1st half of August.  Since our dealer still does not have a ship date, or an update on it's schedule, we are anxiously awaiting.  Is there any way for the customer (me) to get an updated schedule directly from Hurricane?  Or better yet, do you know if they allow factory visits to see the construction underway?  If so, who would we contact for that.
    Thanks, Steve.
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Hi cjjjdeck:
      We are still waiting, but hope to take delivery of our new 2486 later this month.  I have a boat lift that was set up for our old 231 center console, and would like to tweak it to fit the 2486 perfectly.  I'm assuming the trailer information might have everything I need to make such adjustments.  Any chance you could send it to me?
      Also, our boat was originally quoted the 1st half of August.  Since our dealer still does not have a ship date, or an update on it's schedule, we are anxiously awaiting.  Is there any way for the customer (me) to get an updated schedule directly from Hurricane?  Or better yet, do you know if they allow factory visits to see the construction underway?  If so, who would we contact for that.
    Thanks, Steve.
    I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.