Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Boat Lift for FD196OB?

FlyingV5
FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
Does anybody keep their FunDeck on a lift? What kind and does it work easily? I have had a minor problem every time I put my FD196OB back on the trailer so am buying a boat slip to keep it in the water. What brand of lift should I get? Front pivot or four-point?

Comments

• mlmeador
    mlmeador Member Posts: 12
    i'm just off of Clear Lake (Houston) on the water and use two straps. No problems and I understand from the boat lift company that there are many around the area (Hurricanes on lifts).  The straps are 8.5 inches and the boat is a 23.8 Fun Deck.  If you are my area, i recommend Lift Masters (409 737 1000). Happy to email a photo...Marty Meador (MLMeador@aol.com)
  • FlyingV5
    I have a 6000# 4-point lift ordered from DryDockers in MO. Have had the boat tied up overnight in the stall during a noisy thunderstorm with no damage, but I hauled it out after the weekend so as not to tear it up before the lift comes.
  • callforbids
    callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I use a RGC lift for my Hurricane. I previously used a cantilever lift, but like my RGC a lot better. I have it rigged with two 3 by 12 boards that are 44 inches apart. That lifts the boat just inside the chines. I also have "v" brackets that are installed on the lift that are 75" apart, and will lift my pontoon boat.

I don't know the distance between the electrical source and your electric motor is (assuming you are going electric), but a had a significant voltage drop in the 115 feet length of my electric line. It affected the power of the lift and I ended up going to 10 gauge wire to improve the performance of the lift motor.

I don't know how to post pictures to this forum, but if you send me your email address I can send you a couple pictures.
  • FlyingV5
    Lift is installed, works great. I got a 6000# lift instead of the 5000#, it lifts the lower unit 6" clear of the water. It came with two runners of synthetic lumber that fit just inboard of the outer chines and four vertical posts to locate the boat on the lift. All I do is line up the aft stbd post with the throttle handle and hit the switch. I rigged four dock lines to the corner cleats so that they have enough slack for the lift to raise and lower in case it drops unintentionally, per the advice of the installer. Sure beats dodging mailboxes and deputy sheriffs all the way home from the boat ramp.
  • DavidPJ
    DavidPJ Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
      I have our GS-201 on a lift by HydroHoist. This is a very popular lift on our lake. I've only had it about 1 month so I can't speak about its reliability. So far I really like it.
    1999 Fundeck GS-201, Teal, Honda 200HP