Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Diagnosed problem of rough idle of a Suzuki DF115A on FD196, I need fuel tank knowledge.

Options
chazley8871
chazley8871 Member Posts: 3
I have a 2020 FD196 with a Suzuki DF115A. I just completed the 20 hour break-in and service. At or around 10-12 hours noticed a rough idle condition which progressively got worse. Took the boat to an authorized Suzuki marine dealer, with a complaint of rough idle. The technician took the boat out to test it and said he didn't see anything abnormal, $150 dollars later. So I realized I would have to find it myself. I tracked it to the down tube in the fuel tank having an air leak. The area is extremely tight making things difficult, but what I need to know is the construct of the down tube fixture. From my observation it appears that it must be installed/removed from the inside through a larger access hole. If this is a case the I need to know to decide if I want to do it myself or not. The problem apparently unknown earlier because with a full full tank the problem might not manifest itself. Another question, the boat is now just over a year old, will this problem be covered under warranty? Hopefully since it seems it was probably there the entire time. I don't want to risk using the boat in case the air leak suddenly gets worse and leaves me stranded. HELP PLEASE!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best thing to do is to go to the dealer that sold you the boat, especially if you chose that outboard when you originally ordered the boat from Hurricane.  They can put a claim in for consideration outside of their normal warranty and take it from there.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• chazley8871
    chazley8871 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the comment, that's what I'm going to do. It's a long story, but I'm so demoralized at this point. 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Believe me, we all understand!  Down time with your boat during the season is depressing!  But you'll be glad when it is finally fixed.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer