Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Interpretation of HIN

Options
markpollitz
markpollitz Member Posts: 4
Does anyone have a method to interpret a HIN? My HIN is gdyy4425g697.
I'd like to know the Model # & date of manufacture. I'm guessing the last three numerals 697 indicate June 1997 but I'm not positive.
I have a 23' or 24' Hurricane but want to know the specific Model.
Thanks!  

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You definitely have a 1997.  I attached the 1997 Hurricane catalog to see if you can match up your model.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• markpollitz
    markpollitz Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks Capt. Steve!
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone have a method to interpret a HIN? My HIN is gdyy4425g697.
    I'd like to know the Model # & date of manufacture. I'm guessing the last three numerals 697 indicate June 1997 but I'm not positive.
    I have a 23' or 24' Hurricane but want to know the specific Model.
    Thanks!  
    Mark's original question was a good one and I wanted to embellish on what all the numbers mean in a Hull Identification Number.  Here's a graphic that helps explain courtesy of BoaterExam.com and me adding some additional text:

In Mark's case, he thought the last 3 digits might be the month and year his boat was made.  Based on the above information. in actuality, the model year of his boat is a "1997", but the boat was manufactured in "July" of "1996".

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• sfrazer
    sfrazer Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you this is very helpful for me.  My 1997 boat was mfg in July of 1996.  

1997 Fundeck 226 w/ Mercury 115 OB
    1997 Tennessee Tandem axle trailer