Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

I have a 2004 fundeck with a Yamaha 150, it won't trim down at the helm. It does at the motor switch

I have a 2004 fundeck with a Yamaha 150, it won't trim down at the helm. It does at the motor switch. I bypassed the switch in the handle and still nothing so the problem is the wiring between the helm and motor I believe. Can anyone help with a suggestion.

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    What model boat is your 2004 Fundeck?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Ke1
    Ke1 Member Posts: 3
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    If your model Fundeck looks like the below graphic, you have a model 218RE or 218REF.

The "Up" wire will be blue, the "Down" wire is green.  From what you explain, you are either having a bad connection at the remote helm switch to the tilt/trim relay located on the motor or the trim/tilt relay may need to be replaced.  If a continuity test on the green wire from the switch to the relay is good, I would probably suspect the relay.

You may want to see if you can find the installation manual for your model engine as it should show the wiring scheme.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Ke1
    Ke1 Member Posts: 3
    Yes I've tested the green down wire and know it's bad since as I said the down function operates at the motor control just not from the helm. I was wondering if anyone has chased down this issue yet and knows where the problem might be.  Thanks