Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2004 fundeck 201 Fuel Gauge not working

Steeleours
Steeleours Member Posts: 4
My fuel gauge is not working.  Usually, it is the sending unit. Tried the circular access patch behind driver's seat.  I only see fuel lines?  Where else can i look?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    There is usually a deck plate that allows you access at or near to the fuel system.  The one you are describing might be the only one to the fuel system.  The sending unit is usually located on top of the tank near the inlet hoses (probably what you are currently seeing).  If you can't access and service the sending unit through the existing opening or if there is not another deck plate located over the sending to give better access to it, you may have to cut another access plate into the deck.
    Below is a typical fuel tank that Hurricane uses.  The locations of the of the inlet, outlet and sender may or may not match exactly, but it might help you better identify those locations.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer