Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Upper Seat Hooks

flynbrian
flynbrian Member Posts: 7
I have an 2003 Fun Deck GS201 and it is missing the upper back portion of the seat. I won't go into detail on how impossible it is to find a replacement but I am looking for the stainless steel or aluminum seat hooks that screw to the fiberglass wall that the upper/back portion of the seat hooks on if anyone knows where to buy. Thanks

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to get them, or something like them at any marine upholsterer shop in your area.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• flynbrian
    I have spoken to the nearest dealer and emailed them a picture. Thank for the help.
  • flynbrian
    On another note on my never ending continuing saga to locate a replacement rear upper seat cushion. I have been on the phone with Godfrey and the nearest Hurricane dealership to locate a replacement seat, or a pattern, diagram, anything to help me replace the seat that I am missing in the attached picture and have pretty much given up now. I even reached out to Kim at Veada.com because I read that they may have made the seats back then and could be of assistance but was a dead end.  I even have a label of some sort on the back of the other rear upper seat in the picture, from the mfr of the seat I think. I have resulted in trying to get one made at a local upholstery shop but he is telling me that I will have to try and get the plastic(lexan) seat backing shown in the picture before he will agree to make. He couldn't offer me any suggestions on where just that I should call the mfr and get if possible. The problem I have is I hate to call Hurricane or Godfrey back again and ask cause it has been a merry-go-round ordeal already with both telling me to call the other since my boat is a 2003 model. You wouldn't happen to recognize or know where I can purchase any of this material from would you? I would greatly appreciate it if you can provide me with any information. Thank for the info on the hooks, I am hopefully getting some soon from the Lake LBJ Marine dealership.
  • cjjjdeck
    Frankly, I thought they could use the existing backing as long as it was in good shape.  They are telling you they need a "new" backing piece to do the job?

• flynbrian
    I am missing the whole seat though so there is nothing to re-use. The one in the picture is the upper seat portion next to the one that is missing.
  • parachuter
    parachuter Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    I’m not sure if this will help but I had a 98 fun deck with that same backing on the seats. When I had the seats redone they were basically crumbling on the edges and I couldn’t reattach them until I wrapped the outside of the existing plastic backing with bathroom wall paneling that I purchased at Lowe’s (FTSTF1031 model number) I traced the old panels and drilled new holes. I used 1/4 stainless screws and attached the new panel to the old panel. I wish the upholster would have called me before attaching the new foam and material to the old backing because I could have traced it out and drilled the new holes a lot easier and done away with the old panels if I would have known they were falling apart once she uncovered the old seats. The material I bought from Lowe’s held up well for two seasons before I sold the boat this year. Maybe you could use the same material and get a measurement from the opposite seat? Just a thought.
  • DanErb02
    DanErb02 Member Posts: 13
    Check with sailrite.com for those seat hooks. I think I saw them using them on a video they have with a link to the part on their site.
  • cjjjdeck
    It is my understanding that the "L" brackets that attach the backboards to the upper hull are available as they are still in use.  Hurricane dealers are able to get them from Hurricane parts department.